What will I learn on this course?
- Slow down a racing mind and engage wholeheartedly in the present moment, so as to respond rather than react to life’s daily stress.
- Find a new way to relate to yourself, moment by moment, by learning to let go of any tendency to judge or criticize your inner experience.
- Find ways to cultivate moments of peacefulness and joy in your everyday life.
- Cultivate a befriending and nourishing relationship towards ourselves and learn to respond mindfully to difficult emotions.
- Learn techniques for mindful living such as Bodyscan, Sitting Meditation, Mindful Yoga, Mindful Eating, Mindful Walking, Breathing Space, Awareness of Autopilot.
Booking Process: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
Once a deposit/payment has been made you will receive an online form. This will give me an idea of what you hope to gain from the training and an understanding of what brings you to mindfulness so I can best support you on your journey. In addition, a phone call will be arranged at a convenient time for you. This will give you an opportunity to ask any questions you might have, and also give you a better idea of what to expect from the course.
Of course, if you are unsure if this course is right for you or if you have further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me in advance of making a booking. You can also go to the what is MBSR page here.
To support you to bring Mindfulness into all areas of your everyday life, and to gain a strong and lasting foundation in Mindfulness practice you need to be aware that there is a daily home practice commitment during the eight week course. The topic of home-based practice will be explored frequently throughout the course especially as a support to manage stress and to deepen in self-care. The more you are able to put into your mindfulness practice the more you will gain from it.
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programme is not a talking therapy such as psychotherapy or counselling. Nor does it aim to fix, cure or treat anyone. Instead, it will help you to relate to your experience in a new way and support you to access your own inner resources to bring about health and wellbeing to your own life.
Please note MBSR has been proven to be effective in promoting health and wellbeing for individuals who are facing diverse challenges however this course may not be appropriate for you if you are experiencing the following:
1. Active substance dependence or in recovery for less than one year.
2. Suicidality, Psychosis, PTSD, severe Clinical Depression or other major psychiatric diagnosis.